Supply Chain Management Basics: An MBA style course to boost your career as a business operations & logistics manager
What you’ll learn
- Become the Supply Chain Guru in your team! Master this essential area of Business Operations
- Gain a total overview of Supply Chain Management for your Manufacturing or Service business
- Aims and Objectives of a good Supply Chain
- Match your Product to your Supply Chain’s Design Type
- Segment your Stakeholders and Tailor your Relationships
- Forecasting Demand: Quantitative Methods and why we need more Collaborative Forecasting
- Demand Management: Internal and External Methods
- Bullwhip Effect: What it is and how to Control it
- Improve a Supply Chain by reducing Delays, Uncertainties and Decision Tiers
- Sales & Operations Planning Structure > MRP, ERP and Software integration
- Inventory Management: The needs and costs of inventory
- Performance Metrics – learn the essential Supply Chain KPIs to keep your “finger on the pulse”
- Increase Profitability, Improve Delivery and Use your Resources more Efficiently
- Boost your Career: Increase your Confidence to see and Lead Change , Impress your own Boss and Become a Better Manager
- Only an appetite to improve yourself and enhance your supply chain
- A desire to master this fundamental area of Business Operations Management; from total beginner to a competent professional.
- Ready to take control of your supply chain with the right principles and tools
This MBA style course prepares and empowers you to make a REAL difference. Turbo-charge your career and your business.
This course is for the new or aspiring supply chain & operations manager, the ambitious procurement professionals, the striving logistics supervisors, hands-on production planners and the practical business optimization analysts.
- Take control of your supply chain to have and “impact” and “improve” your business operations – manufacturing, services, retail, logistics industrial operations and production.
- Equip yourself to take a new leading role in your workplace – improving your processes, systems, business / organization.
- Understand the fundamentals, then details of the essentials of supply chain management, the core business trade-offs, essential analysis, calculations and basic optimisation methods.
- Become the Supply Chain Management authority in your team on improving the operations systems in your business.
1. Introduction to Supply Chain Management
2. Stakeholders and Relationships
3. Components of a Supply Chain
4. Types of Supply Chain and Value Stream Mapping
5. Forecasting Demand
6. Demand Management
7. Bullwhip Effect
8. Sales and Operations Planning
9. Inventory Management
10. Measuring Performance with Metrics / KPIs
In this course, you will learn:
- Objectives: What are the “Aims and Objectives” of a good Supply Chain. How to balance the “Trade Offs”
- Type of Supply Chain: The difference between an “efficient” and a “responsive” supply chain and why you can be both
- Relationships: Segment your Stakeholders and Tailor your Relationships. Are you transactional or collaborative?
- Forecasting: Quantitative and Qualitative Methods of Forecasting Demand.
- Excel work-throughs: Worked examples in excel of the most common quantitative forecasting methods and calculating forecast error.
- Reducing Variation: Why demand variation is the enemy and how you can control it
- Bullwhip Effect: Control the Bullwhip Effect: What it is, how does it happen (to us all!) and how to control it
- Improve a Supply Chain: By reducing Delays, Uncertainties and Decision Tiers
- S&OP Planning Structure: MRP, ERP and Software integration
- Inventory: The core reasons we “need” inventory and why it really costs us so much more than most managers think
- KPIs: 5 essential supply chain Metrics to give you a “deep” and “balanced” view of your performance
Business operations come in all shapes and sizes with a host of unique challenges; but good supply chain management is essential to them all. Whether you work in retail, manufacturing production, distribution and logistics or even service companies such as restaurants, retail, hospitality or health and beauty; – an effective supply chain is a key determent of your business’s success. Getting a strong control and continuously improving your business supply chain operations is essential to remain competitive, improving profitability, improving customer satisfaction, reducing costs and improving delivery.
A solid grasp of the “wider” supply chain picture is essential to be considered for a managerial position or seek promotion as higher roles require greater stakeholder relationships, building partnerships and business agreements either with other supply chain functions within your business or external companies.
Take control of your career and equip yourself with a solid base in Supply Chain Management; full of practical insights and tools that you can use right now to unlock the potential of yourself and your business!
Who this course is for:
- Supply Chain Professionals. Working in Operations, Manufacturing, Retail or Service sectors, Production and Industry
- Logistics, Purchasing, Customer Relationship Managers
- Financial Controllers, Accountants, Business Analysts & Consultants
- Small Business Owners & Operations Managers
- Ambitious Self-Starters who want to have a Bigger Impact at work, Improve Things and Get Noticed
- A desire to Become the Authority in your workplace on Supply Chain Management